A popular article that covers the Best Modem for 2022. What to look for when buying a modem and what you should avoid.
- A popular article that covers the Best Modem for 2022. What to look for when buying a modem and what you should avoid.
- What are we testing to determine the Best Modem
- 3 Best Modem voted by editors
- Top 8 Best Modem for 2022
- Price history for Best Modem
- What is a modem?
- How to use the Modem?
- Benefits of a Modem
- Buying Guide
- Reviews: 8 Best Modem
For the Best Modem , it is important to assess your own needs and budget.
Over the past 10 months, our team of experts has tested and purchased over 10 of the Best Modem available and included 8 of the most popular models featured in our latest review.
We’ll provide you with the top brands as well as covers and reviews to help you pick the Best Modem to use for 2022.
What are we testing to determine the Best Modem
- To determine the top Best Modem , We put them through various tests at home in our office and we can see how easy to install.
- We then evaluate the performance of the devices under different conditions.
- Finally, RefBOX Team take a look at the most affordable Best Modem price account to determine whether its features and performance are worth the money.
Editor’s note: The Best Modem review has been updated to April 30, 2022. It includes new information about our testing process and details in our device reviews to assist you in making the Best Modem choice.
3 Best Modem voted by editors
Top 8 Best Modem for 2022
Price history for Best Modem
Price History for NETGEAR CM500-100NAR DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem with 16x4 Max Download speeds of 680Mbps. Certified...
|Current Price||$29.99||May 17, 2022|
|Highest Price||$39.00||May 9, 2022|
|Lowest Price||$29.99||April 30, 2022|
Last price changes
|$29.99||May 16, 2022|
|$39.00||May 9, 2022|
|$37.99||May 7, 2022|
|$29.99||April 30, 2022|
What is a modem?
A Modem is a small device that connects your computer to the internet. It works by putting radio signals into the air, and then using antennas to pick them up.
It plugs into your computer’s USB port and usually doesn’t need any special software. If you don’t have one already, it is worth getting because of its many benefits.
How to use the Modem?
A modem sends and receives signals to and from the internet. To use it, you plug it into the computer with a USB cord.
Benefits of a Modem
Once connected, you can use your preferred browser to access various resources. A modem can also be used for gaming purposes, in which case the signal is relayed from the antenna to the game console rather than from the modem to your computer.
It’s not easy to determine the most suitable option for you, with an array of costs. It’s all about your budget as well as the type of quality you’re looking for from the Best Modem . We suggest starting with low-cost models and later upgrading.
Reviews: 8 Best Modem
NETGEAR Nighthawk Cable Modem CM1200 - Compatible with all Cable Providers including Xfinity by Comcast, Spectrum, Cox | For Cable Plans Up to 2 Gigabits | 4 x 1G Ethernet ports | DOCSIS 3.1, Black
$209.99 in stock
14 used from $98.10
- Compatible with all major cable internet providers with internet speed up to 2Gbps. Currently certified with Spectrum and Cox (up to 1Gbps) and Xfinity (up to 800Mbps). Future speeds with these service providers may change over time. Not compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service
- Works with any WiFi router: Connect any WiFi router to this modem’s Ethernet port to support all your wireless devices
- Save monthly rental fees: Model CM1200 replaces your cable modem saving you up to 168 dollars/yr in equipment rental fees
- Four (4) Gigabit Ethernet ports give you fast wired connections to your computer, separate WiFi router, printer, game box, and other devices
- Modem technology: Engineered with 32x8 channel bonding, OFDM 2x2, and DOCSIS 3.1
Motorola MB7621 Cable Modem | Pairs with Any WiFi Router | Approved by Comcast Xfinity, Cox, and Spectrum | for Cable Plans Up to 900 Mbps | DOCSIS 3.0
1 used from $105.00
- Model MB7621 is recommended for actual cable Internet service speeds up to 650 Mbps. Wirecutter rates this “the best modem for most people.” A Full-Band Capture Digital Tuner ensures faster, more reliable Internet.
- This cable modem's 1 Gigabit Ethernet port connects to a WiFi router, computer, HDTV, game station, or streaming video device. Great for use with Whole Home WiFi or Mesh networks like eero, Google WiFi, and Orbi. (This cable modem does not have a built-in wireless router or telephone call capability. The Motorola MG7315, MG7540, MG7550, and MG7700 have a built-in wireless router.)
- Requires cable Internet service.Approved by and for use with Comcast Xfinity and Xfinity X1, Cox, Charter Spectrum, Time Warner Cable, BrightHouse, CableOne, SuddenLink, RCN, and other cable service providers. Eliminate cable modem rental fees up to 156 dollars per year. (Savings are shown for Xfinity and vary by cable service provider. No cable modem is compatible with fiber optic, DSL, or satellite services from Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, Frontier, and others. Model MB7621 has no phone jack.)
- Setup is fast and easy using the quick start guide.
- Attractive, compact design minimizes shelf space, improves cooling, and extends product life while looking great in any home or office. A 2-year warranty plus rugged lightning and power surge circuits protect your investment.
MOTOROLA 16x4 Cable Modem, Model MB7420, 686 Mbps DOCSIS 3.0, Certified by Comcast XFINITY, Charter Spectrum, Time Warner Cable, Cox, BrightHouse, and More
$58.99 in stock
4 used from $58.00
- This 16x4 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem provides speeds up to 686 Mbps, sixteen times faster than DOCSIS 2.0. A Full-Band Capture digital tuner ensures a faster, more reliable Internet.
- Cable modem's Ethernet port connects to a computer, HDTV, game station, or wireless router. (This Model MB7420 cable modem does NOT have a built-in wireless router and does not have a telephone adapter or phone jack. The Motorola MG7310, MG7315, MG7540 and MG7550 have a built-in wireless router.)
- Requires cable Internet service. Certified by Comcast XFINITY for residential speeds up to Extreme 300, by Comcast Business for speeds up to Deluxe 250, Time Warner Cable, Cox, Charter Spectrum, BrightHouse, and other leading cable service providers for modem ownership programs that typically save rental charges of 120 dollar or more per year
- Setup is fast and easy with a few quick steps set out in a Quick Start guide. Experienced USA-based customer support specialists are there to help if you need them.
NETGEAR CM500-100NAR DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem with 16x4 Max Download speeds of 680Mbps. Certified for XFINITY by Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cox, Charter & More (Renewed)
- Netgear Certified Refurbished product is manufacturer refurbished to work and look as new with 90 Day Warranty and email support. All accessories are included with limited documentation and additional information online.
- Eliminate monthly cable modem rental fee's ($120 or more a year).
- DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem with 1 Gigabit Ethernet port.
- Up to 680Mbps download and upload speed. Separate router required for WiFi. 16x4 channel bonding
- Netgear Refurbished product may have a removed serial number. You will need to state the product is refurbished (state the full part number) if emailing customer support. See the attached (image) flyer to obtain the Serial Number and MAC Address information that maybe needed by your Cable provider before contacting them.
NETGEAR Nighthawk® Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem DOCSIS® 3.1 for XFINITY® by Comcast, Spectrum® and Cox. (CM1100)
8 used from $109.99
- Delivers true Multi-Gig Internet speeds with link aggregation support
- Built-in high-speed DOCSIS 3.1 channel bonding cable modem
- Two (2) Gigabit Ethernet port with auto-sensing technology
- DOCSIS 3.1 provides up to 10X faster download speeds than DOCSIS 3.1
- 2 OFDM downstream & 2 OFDMA upstream channels
Motorola MG7700 Modem WiFi Router Combo with Power Boost | Approved by Comcast Xfinity, Cox and Spectrum | for Cable Plans Up to 800 Mbps | DOCSIS 3.0 + Gigabit Router
$174.98 in stock
3 used from $169.99
- Fast 24x8 DOCSIS 3.0 cable Modem Plus a built-in AC1900 Dual band (2.4GHz and 5GHz) Wi-Fi Gigabit Router with four Gigabit (GigE) Ethernet ports, power boost Wi-Fi amplifiers, firewall security, and more. The maximum modem speed is 1000 Mbps, supporting service speeds up to 650.
- Eliminate up to 156 dollars per year in cable Modem rental fees. (Savings are shown for Comcast Xfinity and vary by cable service provider.) certified by all leading cable service providers including Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Charter spectrum (no cable Modem is compatible with fiber optic, DSL, or satellite services, available from Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, Frontier, and others.)
- Built-in high-speed router with AC1900 wireless and Power boost - Provides internet access for Wi-Fi devices including smartphones, notebooks, tablets, and more. 4 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports provide wired connections to Windows and Mac computers and other Ethernet-capable devices. A Broadcom cable Modem Chipset provides security from denial of service attacks.
- Wireless power boost for better speed and range - Adds high-performance Wi-Fi power amplifiers to boost the wireless signals to the legal limit, giving a significant Boost in speed and range. In addition, anybeam Performing at both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies focuses the signal on wireless clients to further enhance performance and range
NETGEAR Cable Modem DOCSIS 3.0 (CM700) Compatible with All Major Cable Providers Including Xfinity, Spectrum, Cox, For Cable Plans Up to 800 Mbps
15 used from $49.99
- Compatible with all major cable internet providers: Including certification by Xfinity by Comcast, COX, and Spectrum. Not compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service.
- Save monthly rental fees: Model CM700 replaces your cable modem saving you up to 168 Dollars/year in equipment rental fees.
- Speeds by carrier: Xfinity (up to 800Mbps), Cox (up to 500Mbps), Spectrum (up to 400Mbps).
- Works with any Wi-Fi router: Connect any Wi-Fi router to this modem's Ethernet port to support all your wireless devices.
- Ethernet connections: 1 Gigabit Ethernet port connects to your computer or separate Wi-Fi router.
(Refurbished) NETGEAR Gigabit Cable Modem (32x8) DOCSIS 3.1 | for XFINITY by Comcast, Cox. Compatible with Gig-Speed from Xfinity - CM1000-1AZNAS
- Support all cable internet speed tiers, up to Gigabit (1000 Mbps) service. Separate router required for Wi-Fi
- Docsis 3. 1 up to 10x faster download speeds than DOCSIS 3. 0. Docsis 3. 1 is OFDM 2x2+ DOCSIS 3. 0 32x8 channel bonding
- Eliminate monthly cable Modem rental fees - up to $156 per year. Meets DOCSIS 3. 1 specifications and is backward compatible with DOCSIS 3. 0 networks
- System Requirements- Cable broadband Internet service, Please check your cable Internet service provider web site for data speed tier compatibility and to ensure it provides DOCSIS 3.1 service, otherwise this modem will only work as a DOCSIS 3.0 modem,Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 10, Vista, XP, 2000, Mac OS, or other operating systems running a TCP/IP network, Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher
- CM1000-1AZNAS is not compatible with: Verizon, AT&T, or CenturyLink. Not compatible with cable bundled voice services
The choice of the Best Modem could seem like a daunting task at first, but once you’ve got a grasp of all the options available and you’ll be able to figure out what you need to do.
And we hope that this article helped you find exactly what you were looking for. Select the Best Modem you are interested in in this article and leave comments to talk with us.